Thursday, August 11, 2011

Brownies....Black Bean Brownies.

Pin It Today is my last day at home before I head off to school!  This morning I am making my favorite black bean brownies for my last day of work tomorrow.  I love seeing people's reaction when they find out that there are BEANS in my BROWNIES.  Most people immediately turn their nose up at the thought, but once they try them they fall in love! <3
These brownies are still not 100% healthy, however,  because they are made out of a typical box of Betty Crocker brownie mix.  With sugar being the first ingredient and bleached, enriched flour following close behind the mix is not exactly "Kara approved" (as my friends would say).  I am still working on perfecting my truely healthy black bean brownie recipe so until then these will just have to do. 



Black Bean Brownies
Ingredients
15 oz. can of black beans (reduced sodium preferably)
1 family size box of Betty Crocker brownie mix (I usually use the low fat version, but today I am using the dark chocolate version)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Puree rinsed black beans and about 1/2 a can of water in a food processor, magic bullet, or blender.  Just make sure there are no bean chunks when you are done.
3. Stir in the brownie mix.
4. Spray a 13'' x 9'' pan with cooking spray.
5. Pour in batter and bake for 28-30 minutes.
Makes 24 brownies.



Nutrition Facts
Calories: 105
Total Fat: 0.9 g
     Sat. Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 139.2 mg
Potassium: 114.2 mg
Total Carbs: 22.9 g
     Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
     Sugars: 14.3 g
Protein: 1.7 g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 0.8%
Iron: 5.2%


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...