Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm an Addict.

Pin It The first step to recovery is realizing you have a problem and tonight I finally relized that I definitely have a problem.  I...am addicted to baking.  Seriously.  My friends and family probably think I'm crazy, but I just can't stop! Tonight I had to make an emergency run to HyVee to pick up a few ingredients, so I could continue my obsession.  What crazy creation is on the agenda tonight you ask?  Strawberry Cottage Cheesecake. Delicious! ...And of course nutritious!

Side Note: Sorry to disappoint you all, but there are no beans of any sort in my cake tonight.  Surprising I know...I just figured my friends could use a break from beans in their diet...if you catch my drift.  Not everybody's system can handle all those beans.  Haha.  Only kidding. :P

After I mixed it all together and popped it in the oven I was feeling pretty confident about my lastest masterpiece.  An hour later however.... not so much.  I open the oven to see if it was done and it looked great! Slightly golden on top, a little cracked, and the most phenomenal smell in the world filled the kitchen.  I put on some hot pads and reached in to grab it and to my horror watched the entire cake slosh all around.  It was completely runny.  I decided to let it bake a little longer, but to my dismay nothing changed.  Giving up hope I just took it out and set it on the counter hoping and praying that it would set up overnight in the fridge.  I ran to the fridge in the morning to check it out. SUCCESS!  Looked just like the vicious full fat cheesecake you might find at cheesecake factory...ok maybe not quite that good. :P But the taste was amazing! Mission complete.

Strawberry Cottage Cheesecake
Ingredients
1 cup Lowfat/fatfree cottage cheese
1/3 cup Skim milk
6 oz Light vanilla yogurt (or whatever flavor you want)
1/4 cup Unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup Thawed strawberries
1/4 cup Sugar (or equivalent sweetener)
1 Graham cracker crust (I suggest making your own... I kind of cheated here :S)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2.  Blend up the cottage cheese along with the milk until completely smooth.  You don't want chunky cheesecake trust me.
3. Add in the yogurt and applesauce. Blend well again.
4. Pour blender contents into a medium bowl.
5. Blend together the strawberries and sugar.
6. Mix the strawberries with the cheese mixture and pour into pie crust.
7. Bake for 60 minutes so the top looks cracked.  It will still seem really runny when you take it out, but after it cools and is refrigerated a few hours it will set up.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition
Calories: 167
Total Fat: 5.4 g
     Sat. Fat: 1.3 g
Cholesterol: 4.3 mg
Sodium: 227 mg
Potassium: 104.4 mg
Total Carbs: 26 g
     Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
     Sugars: 14.4 g
Protein: 5.6 g
Vitamin A: 3.8%
Vitamin C: 5.7%
Calcium: 5.9%
Iron: 2.3%


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...