Quick and Easy Chili
Note: I have to admit this picture does not do this chili justice. Trust me it tastes way better than it looks!
1/2 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb Venison cubed
Dash seasoning salt
2/3 (1 lb. 8 oz.) jar Prego veggie smart spaghetti sauce (other varieties should work too)
15 oz can No salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz can Reduced sodium garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped Red onion
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat.
2. After about 4-5 minutes, add the venison to the pan and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
3. Cook until medium rare (or to your own liking). Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large pot, dump together the spaghetti sauce, beans, onion, garlic powder, and chili powder.
5. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally.
6. Once heated thouroughly, mix in the venison cubes and reduce heat to medium-low.
7. Let it continue to simmer for a few more minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from heat and enjoy!
Makes about 6 cups/servings.
Total Fat: 6 g
Sat. Fat: 0.9g
Poly. Fat: 0.4 g
Mono. Fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 58.7 mg
Sodium: 719.3 mg (This could easily be reduced by making your own sauce and emitting canned ingredients)
Potassium: 783.4 mg
Total Carbs: 35 g
Dietary Fiber: 9.4 g
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 31.8 g (!!!)
Vitamin A: 27.8%
Vitamin C: 4.6%