6 Eggs, separated
1-2 tsp Basil
1 tsp Garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 oz.) can Wild Alaskan caught salmon
2 cup Fresh spinach, ripped into smaller pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Separate the yols from the egg whites in two bowls.
3. Mash the canned salmon really well in a small bowl after removing the large pieces of bone.
4. Whisk the yolks with the basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the salmon to the yolk mixture and mix.
6. Beat the egg whites (an electric mixer works best unless you want to do it by hand with a whisk and get a good arm workout in :P) until they form soft peaks.
7. Gently fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Be careful not to over mix and deflate the egg whites.
8. Pour soufflé mix into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
9. Drop little spoonfuls of cottage cheese across the top.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
11. Let rest for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 9 servings. (Or more if you are pairing it with something else for your meal)
Total Fat: 7.3 g
Sat. Fat: 1.8 g
Cholesterol: 154.4 mg
Sodium: 262.1 mg
Potassium: 92.6 mg
Total Carbs: 0.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Sugars: 0.1 g
Protein: 13.6 g
Vitamin A: 16.8 %
Vitamin C: 3.4 %
Calcium: 10.1 %
Iron: 5.6 %