For those of you who are going, "Ya ya Kara. I know this already," I am sure you are ready for a change in your breakfast routine. I know I was getting pretty tired of my routine oatmeal in the morning, so I decided to come up with something new. I knew I needed something that was quick to whip up in the morning, so I prepared the quinoa ahead of time. All I had to do in the morning was slice the banana and throw it all in a bowl. Simple, nutritious, and delicious. I really hope you enjoy this new breakfast as much as I did!
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAKFAST QUINOA
1/2 cup Quinoa uncooked
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups Water
2-3 packets Stevia (Could probably sub another sweetener such as honey or agave)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Can of coconut milk (I used lite)
1. Mix together the quinoa, water, stevia, and vanilla in a small pot.
2. Bring mix to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to a simmer (about medium-low).
3. Stirring every once in awhile let quinoa cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
4. In the mean time slice the strawberries and bananas and shake the can of coconut milk to mix it up.
5. Cool quinoa in the fridge a bit before serving.
6. When ready to serve put a 1/2- 1/3 of the cooked quinoa in a bowl with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, 1/2 of a sliced banana, and 1/4 cup coconut milk (you can also add another packet of stevia if you like sweet).
Makes 2-3 servings.
Sat. Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 19.3 mg
Potassium: 391.3 mg
Total Carbs: 41.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
Sugars: 12.4 g
Protein: 5.3 g
Vitamin A: 1%
Vitamin C: 89.5%