To go with the 90+ degree weather, I decided to make something cool and refreshing. The end result? Fudgesicle Bars! I wasn't sure what I was going to call them until I tasted them for the first time. They tasted just like Fudgesicles! Creamy, chocolaty, cool, and delicious (and in this case nutritious!). My mom even made the suggestion of pouring the batter into popsicle molds to make them more like the classic fudgesicles on a stick. Yum yum!
Like the flower? Haha. I thought it was pretty. :P Don't mind the frostiness of the bars. I forgot to cover them when I put them in the freezer after cutting them so they got a little frosty. No worries, they still tasted the same!
4 tbsp Coconut oil, soft but not completely melted
4 packets Stevia
1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder*
8oz tub Fat free cool whip, thawed in the fridge**
About 6 sheets Graham crackers
*If you don't have protein powder, you could try adding another 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder. You might want to up the amount of stevia too then.
**Cool Whip isn't health food, but the fat free kind is relatively low in calories and can be enjoyed in moderation. Moderation being the key word here. As much as you want to you probably shouldn't eat the whole tub in a sitting. :P
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the stevia, cocoa powder, and protein powder.
2. Stir in the softened coconut oil (coconut oil softens really fast so be careful). You might think the mixture is too dry, but keep stirring to get it all incorporated.
3. Beat with an electric mixture for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the cool whip to the bowl and beat until just combined (30-60 seconds).
5. Line a 9x9 dish with foil or parchment paper to make it super easy to get the bars out.
6. Line the bottom of the dish with graham cracker sheets. You may need to break a few to get the bottom covered.
7. Pour the batter on top and smooth the top.
8. Freeze until firm.
Makes 16 bars.
Total Fat: 4.4 g
Sat. Fat: 3.1 g (from the coconut oil)
Poly. Fat: 0.3 g
Mono. Fat: 0.3 g
Cholesterol: 2.8 mg
Sodium: 38.4 mg
Potassium: 13.8 mg
Total Carbs: 10.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Sugars: 3.2 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%