SOUTHWESTERN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Sorry for the poor image quality. It was dark in out kitchen when I took this photo, but as you have probably already noticed...none of my photos are that great. But that's not my focus here. There are plenty of other blogs out there that have wonderful photos for you to look at if that's what you really want. The purpose of my blog is to share my love of cooking, baking, and nutrition with you in hopes of inspiring you to love what you eat and eat healthy too.
About 3 1/2 cups Spaghetti squash
1/2 Green pepper, chopped
1 cup Sliced onion
1/2 cup Frozen corn
1 can Black beans (Try to find reduced sodium or no salt added beans)
Salt and pepper to taste
3-4 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Garlic powder
1. Cook the spaghetti squash until tender.
2. Saute the pepper and onion in a large pan until tender.
3. Add the corn and beans to the mixture and cook until heated through.
4. Mix in the squash and seasonings.
5. Cook another 4-5 minutes until hot.
6. Serve with salsa on top. Enjoy!
Makes large 4 servings.
*Note: This would be really good with the addition of lean ground chicken, turkey, buffalo, or venison. We just didn't have a big enough pan to add it...haha.
Total Fat: 2.4 g
Sat. Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 253.7 mg
Potassium: 247 mg
Total Carbs: 29.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 9.5 g
Sugars: 5.6 g
Protein: 8.5 g
Vitamin A: 18.8%
Vitamin C: 36.8%