Saturday, April 14, 2012

3P Balls...Peanut Butter. Pretzels. Protein.

Pin It Growing up I was never a huge fan of pretzels.  I don't know what it is about them.  They are just not a snack I usually crave....unless there's peanut butter involved.  :P  Yum.  Pretzels & Peanut Butter = Great Combo.  Wanna know what an even better combo is?  HONEY & Peanut Butter.  Seriously.  When my sister and I were little my mom would mix up honey and peanut butter for us to dip our chicken strips in.  Sounds kinda gross I know, but believe me....its good.  Give it a try! 

So tonight I got the urge to do some late night experimenting and came up with 3P Balls.  Peanut butter, pretzels, and protein.  How the heck did I ever come up with such a recipe you say?  I know a few of you have been asking me where I get all my crazy recipe ideas, so I decided to let you in on my little secret... The truth is  about 50% of it comes straight from my head.  The other 50% comes from inspiration I get from recipes I find on Foodgawker.com, Yummly.com, and my other favorite blogs.  I love finding new recipes and they redesigning them to make them my own.  Tonight's inspiration came from Chocolate Covered Katie's No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars.  Here's a quick recipe comparison so you can see how I've made the recipe my own:

CCK's Ingredients:                                                       Nutritious-n-Delicious Ingredients:
1 cup rice crispies                                                        1 cup Crushed pretzels  
packed 1/2 cup oat flour                                              1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp salt                                                                    1/4 cup Coconut flour
1 tsp pure vanilla extract                                              1 tsp Vanilla extract
5 tablespoons agave                                                     1/4 cup Pure honey
3 tablespoons pb                                                          1/4 cup Natural peanut butter
optional: handful of broken-up pretzels
optional: double batch PB Magic Shell

A lot of times it's like a game to me.  I love taking vicious-n-delicious recipes and making them nutritious-n-delicious.  I'm always looking for new challenges, so send me a recipes and I'll give it a make over!  Alright I suppose you are ready for the recipe now.  Enjoy these as dessert or as a quick protein packed snack!
3P BALLS

Ingredients:
1 cup Crushed pretzels (about 10 pretzel rods)
1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup Coconut flour (May work with other flours as well, but I have not tried them)
1/4 cup Pure honey
1/4 cup Natural peanut butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Optional: chocolate for dipping bottoms in or drizzling on top

Directions:
1. Mix the crushed pretzels, protein powder, and coconut flour in a medium bowl.
2. Add the honey and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 30 seconds.
3. Stir well to combine and then add in the vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to form a dough.
5.  Form balls with your hands and set on a plate.
6. Let set in the fridge for awhile or dunk/drizzle on chocolate.
7. Enjoy!
Makes about 15 balls.

Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 83
Total Fat: 2.8g
     Sat. Fat: 0.8g
Cholesterol: 4.3mg
Sodium: 128.3mg
Potassium: 28.7mg
Total Carbs: 11.5g
     Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
     Sugars: 5.1g
Protein: 3.6g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 0.7%
Iron: 3.2%

P.S. The latest birthday posts are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...