Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tofu Stir Fry...Don't Let the Name Scare You!

Pin It I don't have too much to say about this recipe except that its super easy, quick, and of course nutritious-n-delicious!  I quickly whipped up some Tofu Stir Fry after putting the finishing touches on my roommates birthday cake (recipe soon to come!) and enjoyed it as a nice dinner.

Oh and one more thing before I share the recipe... I want to thank Nasoya for the Tweet the other day about my Customizable Soup.  I was so excited to see that both Nasoya and Woodman's Food Market commented on my blog! Crazy!

TOFU STIR FRY

Ingredients:
1 cup Frozen stir fry vegetables*
4 oz. Pasta Zero Shirataki Spaghetti noodles (cut into littler pieces)
1" thick slice Firm tofu**
Lite soy sauce (to your liking)
*There are a ton of different varieties out there, but my favorite lately has been the asparagus stir fry mix. 
**Bare with me on this one "Tofu Haters"...you won't taste it at all in this dish because it quickly takes on the soy sauce flavor.  I dare you to try it! Or if you absolutely refuse to try it you can substitute chopped chicken breast.
Directions:
1. In between two pieces of paper towel press the excess water out of the tofu and then cube it up.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, dumb in all the ingredients and lightly fold to incorporate. Note: Be careful not to mix too harshly because the tofu will crumble.
3. Cook and stir occasionally until tofu starts to brown around the edges.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 140
Total Fat: 3.5g
     Sat. Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 1175mg*
Potassium: 0mg
Total Carbs:14g
   Dietary Fiber: 3g
     Sugars: 7g
Protein: 11g
Vitamin A: 15%
Vitamin C: 12%
Calcium: 22%
Iron: 10%
*This is high because of the soy sauce...just be sure to eat low sodium foods the rest of the day and you should be fine. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...