Before I share the recipe, I want to share the birthday "pie" I made for my dad's birthday just a few days earlier. I am not sharing the recipe quite yet because it needs a few modifications. But if and when I perfect it I promise to share with you!
FROZEN CHOCOLATE BANANA PIE
Now here's the recipe!
CHOCOLATE VANILLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE
One of the joys of being a poor college student is being limited in kitchen tools. Although I probably have more than the average college student I don't have a round pie dish; hence, the square pie. Sad day. :-(
1 envelope Knox gelatin
8 packets Stevia
1 cup Boiling water
8 oz Fat free cream cheese*
1 block Soft silken tofu
1 tbsp Vanilla
3 tbsp Sugar free chocolate pudding mix
3 tbsp Sugar free vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix**
*I might try add another block of cream cheese to this next time.
**This is optional. I didn't use it, but I think next time I will use the cheesecake flavor pudding.
1. In a small bowl mix the stevia and gelatin together.
2. Stir in the boiling water and let sit for 5 minutes or more.
3. In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese, tofu, and vanilla together until pretty smooth (it may appear a little bumpy, but that's ok.)
4. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture into a medium bowl.
5. In one half beat in the the chocolate pudding mix and if you want add either vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix to the other half.
6. Slowly stir in half a cup of the gelatin into each half of the batter.
7. Pour one half into a greased 9x9 baking dish.
8. Pour the other half on top and swirl together. You could also layer the two, make spots, or whatever you want. Be creative!
9. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and place in fridge for a couple hours until firm.
Makes 9 servings.
Total Fat: 0.2 g
Sat. Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 4.4 mg
Sodium: 277.8 mg
Potassium: 0 mg
Total Carbs: 4.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 6.1 g
Vitamin A: 5.3%
Vitamin C: 0%