Ever since I've moved back to Winona I've had this huge craving for chocolate and of course being the poor college student that I am I have nothing but chocolate chips. Not going to cut it. What is a girl to do??
After a little brainstorming and little experimenting I came up with a nutritious-n-delicious recipe that any college student could afford. Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes. Yum.
My first baking adventure in my new house was a success! I even got to use my new giraffe pan and giraffe whisk. Thanks Mom! :P I will definitely be making these pancakes again.
Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
2/3 cup Quick oats
1/2 tsp Baking soda
Dash of salt
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp Agave nectar (or honey/any other sweetener of your choice)
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2/3 cup Milk
2/3 cup cooked lentils
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Grind the oats in a blender/food processor/ninja (this is the name my roommates gave my Wal-mart brand magic bullet).
2. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and blend well.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat.
4. Spray pan with cooking spray and pour in 1/3 cup batter and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
5. Flip when sides begin to look dry and all the bubbles have popped.