This recipe is not exactly something new I've made, but its definitely been one of my favorite recipes lately. Just ask any one of my roommates...I make this ALL the time and I don't normally repeat recipes! It is super simple to make, packed with nutrients, low in calories, and of course delicious. Shame on me for not sharing this with you a long time go! Seasoned with seasoning salt (Lawry's) and dipped in ketchup these little guys are great. You can really add whatever type of seasoning you want, but my favorite is a little seasoning salt. No they're not the same as chicken nuggets, but they're a much healthier option. The only downfall is that they aren't a great source of protein, so I'd recommend pairing the nuggets with a side of lean meat for a great meal. Oh and don't forget a big glass of milk. :)
1/2 head of Cauliflower
Seasoning of choice (seasoning salt *favorite*, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, etc)
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up and spray with cooking spray.
2. Slice the cauliflower into 1/2 inch slices and then break up each slice into small nugget like pieces.
3. Spread out the pieces on the cookie sheet and lightly spray with the olive oil.
4. Sprinkle whatever seasoning you want over the cauliflower.
5. Turn the oven on to 400 degrees F (don't worry about preheating it) and pop the cookie sheet in.
6. Let bake for 15-20 minutes and flip/stir the cauliflower.
7. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown (be careful not to burn it!).
8. Serve immediately with ketchup, barbecue sauce, or whatever else you want. Enjoy!
Makes 1-2 servings.
(Note: I LOVE to eat... so I can easily eat 1/2 a head of cauliflower... I've even eaten a whole head in one sitting... I'm crazy I know. That is why I say 1-2 servings. It does cook down a little as the cauliflower loses water as it bakes, so 1/2 a head of cauliflower makes about one bowls worth. The best part about this recipe though is that you can eat as much as you want because its all vegetables!)
**This is a rough estimate based on 1/2 a head of cauliflower for one serving.**
Sat. Fat: 0.1 g
Poly. Fat: 0.2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 581.6 mg
Potassium: 757.5 mg
Total Carbs: 13.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 5 g
Vitamin A: 0.7%
Vitamin C: 193.3%