Thursday, October 20, 2011

One of my Favorite Fall Foods: Pumpkin!

Pin It I know I know I have really been slacking on keeping up my blog, but we all know how busy life gets sometimes and yes I know how lame of an excuse that it... But here I am again!  Today I am going to share with you a super easy fall recipe that all your friends will love.  According to one of my roommates these are the second best thing I have ever made for her. Haha.  Feel free to experiment with these a little and let me know how it turns out! I am always looking for ways to improve my recipes. :)


PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
Inspired By: ChocolateCoveredKatie


Ingredients
1/2 cup White whole wheat flour
3 tbsp Brown sugar
2 packets Stevia (Or any other sweetener of your choice)
1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/8 tsp Salt
1 Egg
1/2 cup Pumpkin
2 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Vanilla

FROSTING

3 oz Fat free cream cheese
1 tbsp Lite syrup
1/2 packet Stevia

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the frosting ingredients. 
4. Grease a 9x9 pan and pour batter in. 
5. Bake for 20 minutes  or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely and in the mean time mix together all the frosting ingredients.
7. Spread the frosting over the top and enjoy!
Makes 16 bars.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 53
Total Fat: 2 g
     Sat. Fat: 0.3 g
     Poly. Fat: 0.2 g
     Mono. Fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 14.4 mg
Sodium: 76.3 mg
Potassium: 24.2 mg
Total Carb: 4.5 g
     Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
     Sugars: 0.9 g
Protein: 1.8 g
Vitamin A: 7%
Vitamin C: 0.3%
Calcium: 4.6%
Iron: 2%

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...