LOW CARB STIR FRY
1/2 head of Cauliflower
1 lb cubed Venison (or lean beef or chicken)
1/2 cup Red and/or green peppers, chopped
1 8oz can Water Chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Frozen spinach
1/4 cup Lite soy sauce
Garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Cook the venison in a pan over medium heat until cooked through.
2. In the meantime, roughly chop the cauliflower and toss into a food processor (blender may work?).
3. Using the pulse button, chop the cauliflower until rice like. Be careful not to turn the cauliflower into a puree!
4. Once the meat is cooked rinse and drain the extra fat from the pan and set meat aside in a bowl.
5. Add the cauliflower, peppers, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and spinach to the pan and stir together over medium heat.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes before adding the soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
7. Stirring occasionally, cook for another 5-10 minutes until peppers are tender and mushrooms are soft.
8. Stir in the cubed meat and serve immediately!
Makes 4 servings.
Total Fat: 3 g
Sat. Fat: 1.1 g
Poly. Fat: 0.2 g
Mono. Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 88 mg
Sodium: 1140 mg (Yikes! If you are worried about your sodium intake you might want to scale back the amount of soy sauce in this recipe or only enjoy this once in awhile)
Potassium: 711.1 mg
Total Carbs: 6.9 mg
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Sugars: 4.2 g
Protein: 36.8 g
Vitamin A: 13%
Vitamin C: 50.7%