Zucchini spaghetti is not necessarily something new to the culinary world, but I thought I would share this great recipe in case you've never tried it. The recipe itself couldn't be simpler! It takes a total of about 15 minutes to make and only about 5 of those minutes requires actual work. You can even use the zucchini noodles for other pasta dishes. The possibilities are endless...it's time to get creative!
1 medium Zucchini
Your favorite pasta sauce
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Wash and cut the zucchini into long skinny sticks.
2. Toss zucchini into a pot of boiling water.
3. Let boil for 4-5 minutes. Don't cook too long or your "noodles" will turn to mush!
4. Drain the water immediately when "noodles" are tender.
5. Top with pasta sauce and cheese and dig in! Some homemade meatballs would go great with this. :)
Makes 1-2 servings.
Once again I am not calculating the facts due to too many variations in the recipe. If you want to calculate your own check out myfitnesspal.com. I hope you enjoy this nutrient packed spaghetti as much as I did!