The reason that I am calling my new recipe 99% Veggie Pizza is because the only thing in the entire pizza that is not a vegetable is the cheese (and egg), which can be optional if you want. You could even add some protein to your toppings making it a little less than 99% veggie, but still 100% delicious and nutritious.
99% VEGGIE PIZZA
Adapted from Dashing Dish
2 cups Cauliflower, chopped (1/2 a head)
1/3 cup Lowfat cottage cheese
1 tsp Pizza seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 large Egg white
1 cup Green/red peppers, chopped
1/2 cup Onions, chopped
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Rinse and chop up cauliflower and place in a food processor. Pulse until rice like (not pureed). If you don't have a food processor just keep chopping with your knife.
4. Microwave cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl for 8 minuted stirring halfway through.
5. Stir in the cottage cheese, pizza seasoning, and garlic powder and microwave another 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the egg white and press the cauliflower mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
7. Top with desired pizza toppings. Catherine and I used onions and peppers. We also kept the sauce off until after it was baked and then we put it on top, but it is up to you if you want to add it here I am sure that would work too.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes until golden around the edges.
10. Serve with pizza sauce and enjoy!
Makes 2-4 servings depending on how hungry you are. :P
*Based on 4 servings.
**Nutrition facts do not include pizza sauce of additional toppings. Add an additional 30 calories for 1/4 cup pizza sauce.
Total Fat: 2.8g
Sat. Fat: 1.7g
Total Carbs: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
Vitamin A: 5.8%
Vitamin C: 92%